Best Dental Implants In Pune
What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are used as a replacement for a missing tooth. They are artificial devices used as a substitute for a natural tooth which has fallen or has been extracted. Implants are made up of Titanium and act as an artificial root over which a crown is placed to resemble natural tooth. Dental Implants are normally cylindrical in shape and are placed into the bone so that they provide ample support for the crown that rests above. They are one of the most advanced methods of permanently replacing a missing tooth without posing much discomfort to the patient.
Who Requires It?
Anyone who has one or all missing teeth can get a dental implant. The bones and the root of the tooth should be healthy and strong enough to withstand the procedure. It is also helpful for people who do not want to or cannot wear removable dentures.
Dental Implant Procedure:
- The doctor places the implant after determining the required size and shape. This is done under local anaesthesia.
- The implant needs a minimum of two to three months to heal. The healing process involves the natural bones to grow around the implant also known as Osseo integration.
- After the healing process the post and the artificial tooth are placed on top of the implant.Normally the dentist takes impressions and matches the shade of the existing teeth before making the crown.
Post Procedure Care
Patients are advised to maintain high oral hygiene through regular rinsing of the mouth, brushing and flossing. Periodical check-up by a dentist ensures good health and longevity of the implant. At Swastik Dental Care, we take utmost care of the patient sand are one of the best Dental Implant specialists in Pimpri-chinchwad, Pune.
- Dental Implants give the feeling of a natural tooth. Patients hardly feel any difference between an artificial and a natural tooth after the implant procedure.
- Contrary to the case of removable dentures, there is no change in the appearance and speech of the patient. The pain, uneasiness and the stigma of aging are no more there.
- Implants once placed need not be removed as in the case of removable dentures. Thus, saving the embarrassment of loose and falling dentures while eating.They last a lifetime if maintained properly.
- Chewing and eating becomes very easy. It is extremely convenient.
- No need to reduce adjacent teeth for making bridge.